As I get older the height of my heels seems to get a little shorter and that’s because wearing comfortable shoes is increasingly important to me. But I have to admit, I continue to be guilty of occasionally buying shoes that look cute but aren’t comfortable. When I do wear high heels, I find that my clothing falls better, I feel more confident and my posture is straighter. Those are some pretty good perks! Today I’m going to share my top 5 tips for how to wear high heels comfortably.
1. Make sure that you buy the right shoe size for your feet. Your feet change over the years for many reasons including weather changes and having children. So, to avoid wearing the wrong shoe size, have your feet measured at least once a year or in between seasons if you haven’t done it before.
2. Know your foot type – flat or arched. This will help you to determine the height of the heels that will be most comfortable for you. If you have flat feet, try to avoid wearing any heels higher than 2 inches. But if you really want those 4-inch Christian Louboutins, there are arch support inserts that you can use. Try these: Dr.Scholls – Dream Walk Hidden Arch – they help to prevent arch pain.
3. Avoid skinny heels. Sure, we all love sexy stilettos, but if you can avoid wearing them your feet won’t wobble as much walking in heels. Change it up and get heels that are little thicker. They’ll give you better support and you’ll avoid falling flat on your face. See the difference below:
4. Avoid thin soles – go with a platform. The thinner your soles, the more painful the heels. Try to find soles that are a little thicker to release some pressure from your feet. See the difference below:
5. Take a break. It’s important to give your feet a rest from wearing heels. If you wear heels almost every day, pick a day of the week to throw on some sneakers or flats.
Do you have any high heel tips? Share them with us in the comments!